Monday, 10 September 2012

Low Fat Brownies

So, has anyone else been eating too many cakes, and needed to go on a diet?
No, just me?
I don't know about everyone else, but what I find the most difficult about diets is giving up the sweet stuff. It's impossible for me to do, I tend to go a couple of days on my best behaviour, and then I start to get those cravings. Those shameful, annoying cravings for sugar, which cause me to eat a nibble of chocolate. And then the diet ends up going down the pan.

So this time I thought that I would make some low fat sugary treats, so that I don't feel too guilty when I eat something sweet.
Basically this recipe replaces the chocolate and butter with yoghurt, oil and cocoa. Already sounds healthier, doesn't it? Also, the main recipe called for vanilla essence, but I decided to use orange extract instead. Obviously if you don't like orange, or if you're allergic (like one of my friends) then use the vanilla.


Ingredients:
1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa
1 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup yoghurt
1 1/2 tbsp vegetable/sunflower oil
1tsp orange extract

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, and grease and line a square tin.
Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl, and stir in the caster sugar.
Beat in the eggs, yoghurt, oil and orange extract until mixed thoroughly.
Pour into the tin, and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
Then leave to cool, and then cut into squares.
Dust with a bit of icing sugar, and serve.

Perfect for when you have a massive craving, but you don't want to be naughty about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment