Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Happy New Year!

2012 has been one of the best years yet! 
Not just in my general life, but also for all of the amazing events this year that made me proud to be British!

First of all, the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. 
I'm a massive fan of the Royalty, to such an extent that I can't stand it when anyone says anything bad about them, because in my opinion, they are an important part of Britain, and we should be happy to have them.
I can still remember sitting down in front of the TV, watching the parade of boats going down the Thames, even thought the weather was terrible, and seeing all of those people standing there, showing their support for the Queen. 
Seeing the nation cheering, while ignoring the weather, (such a British thing to do, don't you think?), made me so proud of our country, it warmed my heart.

And then the olympics in the summer. I feel like I never left my house, I didn't want to miss a bit of it. And if I did leave, it was only to the gym, where they had it on all the time.
I can still remember watching Glover and Stanning on the river, rowing for their lives, and finally achieving their first gold! I think it was one of my many highlights for the olympics.

My only regret of this past year is that I didn't get to actually see any of the events, it really was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I haven't really made any resolutions yet for this year. 
Maybe I should promise to be more regular with the blog... Or at least bake more than last year.
We'll see :)

Let's hope that 2013 will be as good a year as 2012. 
Although it's got a lot to live up to!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment