Monday, 4 February 2013

Peanut Butter Cookies

I don't know when it started, or why. 
But I've managed to get myself hooked onto peanut butter.
Most specifically, peanut butter and jam sandwiches.
They've become my post-clubbing snack.

Today, I thought I would move away from the sandwiches, and onto the next most obvious peanut butter snack.
Cookies!

Ingredients:
125g Plain Flour
125g Caster Sugar
1 egg
50g Butter
2 (large) tbsp Crunchy Peanut Butter

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients, until it comes together to form a dough.
If the dough is a bit dry, and not completely coming together, just add a sprinkle of water, and it should be sorted out.
Break off evenly sized portions of the dough, and roll into small balls.
Place onto the baking tray evenly spaced apart, and press down a bit, either with your fingers or the back of a spoon, to flatten the balls.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until slightly golden brown.
Take out of the oven, and leave to cool for a few minutes, before placing on a wire rack.


I only managed to leave them alone for 5 minutes before I had to eat one.
A nice crunchy edge, with a warm soft gooey centre.
My idea of the perfect cookie.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to eat the rest, before my housemates get hold of them.

4 comments:

  1. Yummmmm! These look delicious! Might have to try out this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      They really are delicious, and they were so easy and quick to make.
      x

      Delete
  2. GREAT post!!!
    stop by and say hi.

    xoxo
    bB

    www.itsybitsybrianna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut Butter cookies are my favorite of all time! These look delicious. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete