Saturday, 23 March 2013

The Liebster Award

So I got nominated for a Liebster Award, exciting stuff! 
Thanks so much to Grace from Perpetual Nomming for nominating me, it was so nice to find the comment from her, and it put me in a happy mood for the rest of the day.
From what I can gather, it's just a way for small, up and coming blogs to interact with each other, allowing them to highlight new blogs that they have found to other people.
I like the way it almost creates a community for bloggers :)

So apparently, when you are nominated, you have to do a few things:
Link back to the person who nominated you
Write 11 random facts about yourself
Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you
Create 11 questions for the people you nominate (they have to have a blog with less than 200 followers)
List who you nominate for the award, and comment on their blogs to let them know


My 11 Random Facts:
I am currently in my third and final year of university, studying Biochemistry.
I don't like hairy feet, they creep me out. It makes me think of hobbit feet.
I have a habit of shortening my words, for example 'probably' gets shortened down to 'probs'.
I spend way too much time on the interent.
I love listening to thunderstorms (when I'm inside of course).
I can't eat lamb. Every time I try, I end up being sick.
I have never had a boyfriend.
I love to read, it's my idea of a perfect evening.
One of my aims in life is to visit America.
I really don't like to be proven wrong, it tends to make me a bit sullen.
I really regret not learning how to play an instrument when I was younger.

11 Questions set by Grace:
1. What's your favourite childhood food, and why?
It has to be tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. It just always reminds me of when I was ill as a child, and my mum would make it for me. Even now when I eat it, it makes me feel all warm inside.

2. What makes and breaks your day?
It sounds stupid, but the weather. Like if it's sunny outside, I'll feel happy and productive, but if it's raining and grey, I just feel really sluggish, and incapable of doing something to my full ability.

3. Name the top three best places you've been to?
First of all has to be the Warner Bros Studio Tour in London. I am an utter Harry Potter nerd, so being able to visit the studios was like a dream come true. I think I spent at least 5 hours there looking at everything.
Second, I think is York. It is a beautiful city, full of history, and there are tearooms everywhere, it was heaven!
Thirdly, it has to be Sandbanks. Not necessarily for the place, but for the memories it holds for me. My friends and I spent a week down there after our A-levels, and we managed to burn ourselves so badly, we all looked like lobsters.

4. What's your guilty pleasure?
Rubbish music. The type of music that you hate, but you can't stop listening to it, because it is so catchy. Like One Direction. But not Justin Bieber. Urgh.

5. Favourite go-to comfort food?
Obviously, there's chocolate. But I also love to eat toast. With plenty of butter. Yum.

6. What made you happy this week?
I haven't been able to do a lot this week, due to writing my dissertation. However, I did find out that my uncle and aunt finally adopted a little girl, and they were able to bring her home just a few days ago :)

7. Favourite holiday, and why?
I went to Northern Cyprus (the Turkish side) a few years ago, and it is just lovely there. The people are so friendly, the climate is gorgeous, and the food, it is just the best thing ever. Fish caught straight from the ocean, what's not to love?

8. Goal in life?
My goal is to have my own tearooms, where I can serve all of my homemade cakes.
That feeling I get when I go to a tearoom, I want to be able to give other people that same feeling.

9. Is there anything you need/eat everyday to keep you sane?
Has to be tea. I drink at least three cups of the stuff every day, even in the height of summer. I swear it has magical properties, especially on us Brits ;). Why else would it be so calming when we're stressed.

10. Did your college degree help with your job?
As I've not yet graduated, I can't really say yet. But I like to imagine that my degree has given me a new confidence in myself, and independence, to be able to do a job competently.

11. What's your most amazing thing/day/memory of your life?
I think it has to be the day when our A-level results were released. I was so desperate to go to my current university, that when I found out I got in, I cried with relief. And then I saw my friends, and found out that we all got into our top choices. It was just an amazing day.

My Questions:
1. What is your favourite book?
2. What is your earliest memory?
3. What can you not live without?
4. What was the best holiday you've been on?
5. What country do you most want to visit?
6. What is your proudest achievement so far?
7. Why did you start blogging?
8. Who do you most look up to?
9. Do you have any hobbies?
10. If you were a superhero, what would your power be?
11. If you were given £100, what would you spend it on?

And Finally, My Nominees:

Feel free to leave me a comment when you've posted your answers, I'd love to read them :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey miss, thanks so much for nominating me for an award, I really appreciate. It's so great to see such lovely blogger love. I have answered your questions so you are welcome to go and check them out. I really hope we get to keep in touch!

    Alyssa
    PS. I loved your blog so much I have nominated you to receive a Liebster Award. Check out my page about it to find out the details about your award. Congratulations!
    http://squibtoday.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/the-liebster-award.html. I can't wait to read your answers :)

    Alyssa
    http://squibtoday.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for getting back to me!

    When you open a tearoom, please let me know :p I feel like you'd own a very successful one :)have cute little tea pots and mini coffee cakes with darling wall paper and decorations, please.

    Loved the random fact of shortening words, too. I always say probs and totes....i should learn to not say them so often! Loved reading your post, girl!
    xx

    ReplyDelete