Saturday, 29 June 2013

I'm Loving... Vinyl

I think I'm turning into a hipster. Except not one of those hipsters that likes everything 'before they were cool'. 
No, I think I'm a hipster for vintage... Is that even possible?
Does that mean I'm a hipster for things 'after they were cool'?
I already have a Polaroid camera, and I'm building up a collection of old china tea sets. But now I've seen the next thing I want to add to my (admittedly small) collection of vintage items. I want a turntable.

I saw one on Instagram a few days ago. It was from Elsie of A Beautiful Mess (if you don't know about this blog, a) where have you been, and b) go follow them right now), where she was advertising an update on their new app, and in the picture was a turntable. Immediately, I saw how cute it was, it looked amazing, especially compared to other turntables I've seen previously. 

Over the next few days, I kept thinking about this turntable, I mean, come on, it looks so cool. But I couldnt bring myself to make anything happen, because do I really need a turntable? And then I thought, 'Just because I don't need it, doesn't mean I'm not allowed to treat myself and have it'. So I started to investigate.

It turns out that the one I saw was a Crosley Cruiser Turntable. They come in a range of colours, and they look so chic. And they cost around $99, which I thought was reasonable. Until I saw they didn't deliver outside of the US. Bummer.
Next stop: eBay!

Eventually, I found one, which my mum then claimed as a birthday present for my 21st, which is in a few months. So I'll have to wait a bit until I can have it. But I don't mind, because just knowing that I will have one is enough for me, right now at least. And anyway, this will give me a chance to find some records.
Look at it, isn't it just adorable :)

Is there anything you're finding yourself lusting over at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment