Monday, 29 July 2013

I'm Loving... The British Summer

Don't you just love summer? One minute the sun is shining, and it's almost unbearably hot, and there isn't a cloud in the sky. Give it five minutes, and suddenly the sky darkens, and you're in the middle of a thunderstorm. Not that I'm complaining, I love thunderstorms. I just wish the weather wouldn't keep changing its mind, as it makes it extremely difficult to choose a suitable outfit.

Take today for example. It was sunny/cloudy for most of the day. I was planning on taking my dog for a walk with a friend, when suddenly it started raining heavily. So of course, I thought I would be needing jeans and wellies. So I'm dressed and ready to go, expecting a downpour, when at the last minute, the sun started to shine. By this point it was too late, and I had no choice but to walk around in jeans, when I really should have been wearing shorts. Oh well.

So I've decided I need to be ready for all sorts of weather. Which, if necessary, means carrying a jacket with me everywhere, and making sure I have both a pair of sunglasses and an umbrella in my bag. 

So here are some items which I think would help me prepared for anything:


I love espadrille shoes, they are so comfy, I have a couple of pairs which I'm wearing almost constantly. I've also seen some lace ones, which look so cute, perfect with a lovely summer dress.

Do you have any summer essentials you can't live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment